Due in stock: Discontinued, no longer available
Alternative: Freesat HD Receivers
TechniSat HDFS Freesat HD Digital Box
Brand new complete with 3 year manufacturers warranty
The HDFS Satellite HD Digital Receiver with freesat has been designed for the reception of both standard-definition (SD) and high definition (HD) programming. The freesat specification offers a fully featured Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), interactive ‘Red Button’ services using MHEG-5 and HD programmes from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 HD and more.
**Also now includes the ability to record your favourite programmes directly to a compatible USB memory stick or hard drive, the first and only of its kind on the freesat platform. The storage device you use will need to be formatted by the TechniSat for use. A guide to USB Recorder can be found here and instructions can be found here.
The HDFS allows multimedia playback of movies, music and pictures from external USB devices, memory cards and Compact Flash or via a networked PC using the Ethernet port, as well as recording to a USB storage device. The file formats accepted include MPEG2, TS, VOB (video), MP3 (audio) and JPEG (images). The network connectivity can be extended further with the addition of the TechniSat USB-WLAN Adaptor to provide a wireless solution.
In addition to freesat mode, the HDFS has a TechniSat mode which offers the extended features and functions expected of a TechniSat receiver, such as multi-satellite reception using DiSEqC and motor control.
A list of available channels can be found at http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/freesat-channels
The 3 year warranty on this product is offered directly from TechniSat. Once you receive your product, complete the forms provided and TechniSat will deal with any warranty claims you may have directly. This does not absolve our responsibilities as the retailer.
TechniSat HDFS Freesat Digital Box Main features:
- Reception of all Freesat HD and SD channels
- Full 3 year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Ultra-low standby power: 0.25W
- USB ports – front & rear
- Card readers – SD/MS/MMC & Compact Flash
- Playback of music, pictures & movies from USB, card reader or networked PC
- WLAN support for wireless connectivity (additional TechniSat WLAN antenna required)
- TechniSat mode off ering DiSEqC 1.2 functionality with motor control for multi-satellite reception
- Scrolling alphanumeric display
- Easy first time installation with AutoInstall
- Extensive on-screen help
- HDMI lead included
- Freesat programme list
- TechniSat programme list
- Comfortable on-screen menu (ODS) in 12 languages: EN, IT, FR, ES, CZ, GR, PL, NL, TR, DA, SE, NO
Click here for delivery times and cost.