Sky Wireless Connector MINI
Brand new complete with 12 month warranty
Sky's Wireless Connector (Mini version) gives you the freedom to connect to On Demand wirelessly - perfect if your Sky+HD box and broadband router are in different rooms or you'd prefer not to run a cable.
Your Wireless Connector unlocks all the features of On Demand - all you need is Sky TV, a compatible black Sky+HD box and a fast enough broadband connection. This is the "mini" version which connects via the USB port on your Sky+HD digibox rather than needing a separate plug to power the connector.
Watch some of the week's best TV from Sky on demand, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5. *On Demand features are subject to the Sky subscription package you have, please visit the Sky website for more details.
Note - this "mini" wireless connector will only work with box versions beginning with 4F31 (Amstrad/Sky DRX890 or DRX895). For older versions of digibox, you may need the alternative version. To confirm this, either check the NDS sticker on the back/bottom of your digibox, or press SERVICES 0 3 on your remote and look for the version number.
Sky Wireless Connector Key Features
- Connects your broadband router to a compatible black Sky+HD box wirelessly
- Powered via the USB port on your digibox so no need for a separate power plug
- Supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at up to 300mbps
- Easy wifi setup using WPS 1 button technology (if available on your router)
- Unlocks a world of entertainment on demand, right on your TV
- Simple discrete design with just 2 LED's (power and wireless)
- Small size at just under 90mm x 55mm x 20mm
Sky Wireless Connector Contents:
- Sky Wireless Connector
- USB to Micro-B USB Cable (50cm)
- Set Up Guide
The Sky Wireless Connector MINI set up guide can be found here
Setting up On Demand with your On Demand Connector MINI
1. Turn off your Sky+HD box by switching it off at the mains.
2. Plug in the large end of the black USB cable into the USB port on the back of your Sky+HD box. The smaller end goes into the back of your On Demand Connector MINI.
3. Turn your Sky+HD box on at the mains.
4. Wait two minutes before switching it back on from standby mode by pressing the sky button on your Sky remote and then select any channel.
Connect to your broadband router
If your broadband router has a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button:
1. Press and hold the WPS button on your broadband router for two seconds.
2. Within one minute press the WPS button on the On Demand Connector MINI and hold for two seconds. The wireless light on the front of your Sky+HD box will flash amber while the box attempts to establish an internet connection. It will turn solid amber when the connection has been successful.
If your broadband router doesnít have a WPS button, or you donít want to connect by WPS, then you can connect by entering the Wi-Fi password:
1. Press services, 0, then 5 on your Sky remote. This will take you to the Network tab. Youíll see a choice of three options for connecting your Sky+HD box.
2. Choose Connect with Password using your Sky remote and press select.
3. Choose your wireless network (SSID) from the list and press select. If you're not sure what your wireless network is called, this can usually be found on the back or base of the broadband router, next to the password.
4. Enter the password using your remote control then press select to connect. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive: you can cycle through uppercase letters, numbers and lowercase letters through repeated pressing of the number buttons on your Sky remote. Special characters can be entered by repeated pressing of the 0 button.
If you prefer to connect your broadband router using a WPS PIN, press services, 0, then 5 to show the Network tab and select Connect with WPS PIN. Follow the onscreen instructions.
To check that setup was successful, press the tv guide button on your Sky remote, then the red button to enter the On Demand menu. If each programme is shown with its own picture then the setup is complete and you're now ready to use On Demand.
Click here for delivery times and cost.