Brand new complete with *2 year Humax manufacturers warranty *you must register your product with Humax within 30 days of purchase for the second years cover.
The Humax HB-1000S Freesat HD Freetime Digital Box is the first single-tuner Freesat HD receiver to include the next generation <free time> technology; providing high quality access to over 150 free television and radio channels, plus access programmes through interactive and on-demand services, as well as record to external USB hard drive and use as a client to stream from your home server. This <free time> receiver is available from Satbuyer, an authorised Humax partner.
The <free time> technology within this Freesat HD receiver will take digital television viewing to a new level, offering much more than just watching your favourite television and radio channels. Features include access to all the interactive services including on demand from BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand5, with <free time> EPG intergration allowing access to programmes missed in the last 7 days, a showcase feature and much more. NB - some of the new functionality including access to on-demand services and EPG rollback will require a broadband connection (uk ip) with a minimum speed of 2mbps (Ethernet connection required, or optional Humax USB WLAN adapter or homeplugs).
As the HB-1000S doesn't have a built in hard drive, you can record via the single tuner to an external USB hard drive (minimum 60GB and must be formatted solely for use with the HB-1000S - for broadcast copyright protection). You can also stream video, music and photos (subject to format) from your home network. An added feature due for launch in the future (tbc) will be the ability to use the HDR-1000S as a server and access recordings via this digital box; making it a perfect multiroom entertainment system.
The Freesat platform uses the same satellite setup as BSkyB, so if you already have this in place and working, you'll just need to purchase the Freesat Digital Box of choice, plug in and enjoy!
- Single tuner receiver with record capability external USB hard drive (not included)
- Stream media content from your home network using the built-in client
- Latest <free time> G2 specification
- Connect to your home broadband by Ethernet or optional Humax USB WLAN adapter or homeplugs
- Digitally interactive
- Digital text
- Digital video broadcasting (DVB) subtitles
- Auto setup
- Auto detection of new channels
- 8 days forward and 7 days backward electronic programme guide (EPG - freesat mode)
- Now and next electronic programme guide (non-freesat mode)
- Access over 150 Freesat digital channels and radio stations
- Audio description (broadcast mix) dependent
- Supports DiSEqC 2.0
- Sold by Satbuyer, a leading authorised Humax partner
- Wireless connection via optional Humax USB WLAN adapter
Humax HB-1000S Freesat HD <free time> Specification
- 1 x SAT input (single tuner)
- 1 x HDMI 1.4 with HDCP
- 1 x CVBS/L/R (RCA Out)
- 1 x Optical (S/PDIF Out)
- 2 x USB 2.0 (2 x rear)
- 1 x Ethernet 100BaseT (RJ45)
- Front Panel: LED power (green = on, red = standby) Buttons: Power
- System resource: Flash 4GB (512MB SLC), DDR3 1GB (512MB*2EA)
- Power consumption in use: Max 13W
- Standby power consumption: Under 0.5W
- Input voltage: AC 100-240,50/60Hz
- Size (W x H x D): 200mm x 38mm x 155mm
- Weight: 0.5kg (packing/carton weight including product: 2.0kg)
- EAN Code: 8809095666809
- Video Decoder: ISO/IEC 13818-2 MPEG-2 MP@ML (min bitrate of 15Mbps)
- Picture Decoder: MPEG2 I-Frame, JPEG, JPEG2000, BMP, GIF, PNG
- Output Resolution: Automatic (576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
- Graphics: 32bpp with 256 alpha blending 1280 x 720 resolution for native UI &Web page. 3 Layers (GUI/Subtitle & Teletext/Web page)
- Audio Mode: Single/ Dual/Mono/ Stereo/Joint Stereo
- Audio Decoder: ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Layer I and Layer II, III encoded audio
- Dolby: Digital Plus/Pulse
Front End (Tuner/Demodulator)
- Demodulation: QPSK, 8PSK
- Input Connector: F-Type, IEC 169-24, Female X 1
- Frequency Range: L-Band (950MHz to 2150MHz)
- Signal Level: -25dBmV to -75dBmV
Humax HB-1000S Freesat HD <free time> Contents
- Humax HB-1000S Freesat HD Digital Box
- HDMI Cable (1.5m)
- Ethernet Cable (1.5m)
- Remote control (inc 2 x AAA batteries)
- Quick Start Guide
- User Manual
Humax HB-1000S Freesat HD <free time> User Manual and Guides
Important notice - Sky and Freesat products are designed for use in the UK, where broadcasting restrictions apply. Whilst these products will work outside the UK with an appropriate satellite dish setup, many of the Internet based on-demand/interactive services are blocked, requiring a UK broadband connection (or suitable VPN to mask your IP address). By purchasing any Sky or Freesat product from us, you acknowledge being aware of these facts and that some of the advertised services may not be applicable to you. Please contact us for more information.
Date added: 12/02/2016, 10:31 AM
Excellent 10out of 10.
Author: daryl white
Date added: 09/12/2015, 09:17 PM
brilliant ,easy to set up had a small problem with subtitles to begin with
they didn't appear when switching on the unit after they had been switched
on but performed a factory re-set and that sorted the problem .
am waiting for a external hard drive to arrive, to reap the full benefits.
getting the various I players is dead simple ,so over all nice bit of kit
I would highly recommend it ,and the fact its a 12 volt unit is even better
Date added: 17/9/2013, 11:20 AM
Received on launch day from satbuyer as promised. Really happy with it, nice addition to my current hdr1000s and look forward to a future link up between them. Got it working with my external drive so can record the channel im watching, though obviously isn't the full fat version like the hdr. Box is tiny, much smaller than I thought and well packaged. Recommended